JOIN SVP TODAY
The Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP) is an energetic and forward-looking organization seeking to increase economic prosperity in the Shenandoah Valley. By providing a forum for cooperation and collaboration throughout the Valley’s counties and independent cities, private-sector businesses, and educational institutions, the Partnership:
- Encourages businesses to establish operations in the Shenandoah Valley through capital investments and job creation
- Serves as an advocate for existing business expansions
- Assists with regional workforce development efforts
WHO IS THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY PARTNERSHIP?
Shenandoah Valley Partnership Quick Facts
Staff Members Committed
To join the SVP and support our mission for regional economic development growth, investors are required to make an annual investment. These investments help fund the SVP’s business development and marketing activities, providing the ability to tell the story of doing business in the Shenandoah Valley with one voice through direct outreach to companies in target industries, site location, tax and real estate consultants; participation in state-led trade missions; and attendance at national and regional industry trade shows and conferences.
SVP investors remain updated regularly on the marketing results of the organization and the opportunity to contribute to efforts to enhance economic development efforts in the region. In addition, the SVP is a regional facilitator and connector for existing business, offering a wide variety of opportunities for business development and networking, including:
- Two Economic Development Forums each year, one in the spring and one in the fall, deliver status reports on the economy and collaborative economic development efforts in the Shenandoah Valley.
- The SVP Annual Meeting offers a venue for speakers of statewide influence to provide insight into regional and statewide economic development initiatives.
- Two Connect Events each year, one in the spring and one in the fall, provide business to business and business to government networking opportunities in unique settings throughout the region with the Shenandoah Valley’s top business leaders.
- A variety of additional business forums that foster information-sharing and collaboration with partners across the region and the Commonwealth are offered to SVP investors throughout the year.
- First annual introductory investment is $500 for companies of all sizes.
- For the second year of investment, the rate automatically increases to $1,000 for companies who meet or exceed six employees.
- For companies with five or fewer employees, the second year investment remains at $500 per-year until you meet or exceed a total of six employees.
- The SVP invoices on an annual billing cycle beginning at the start of our fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). If you initially invest in the middle of a fiscal year, your first annual introductory investment will be a prorated amount to cover the remaining months in the current fiscal year. Your second-year investment will then automatically increase to $1,000 or remain at $500 depending on your number of employees.
- Many of our investors who are committed to economic prosperity and growth in the region voluntarily invest more than the minimum. Connect with SVP staff to discuss this opportunity.
- Partnership investments may be deductible for Federal income tax purposes as an ordinary and necessary business expense (not as a charitable contribution). However, investors should consult their own tax advisors for specific tax information and advice.