Please click here to visit our COVID-19 Business Resources web page that is routinely updated with important information for your business. Check frequently for updates. https://theshenandoahvalley.com/covid-19-resources/
- Message + Resources from SVP
- Unemployment Insurance
- OSHA – Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Centers for Disease Control
Local Emergency Loan Programs
- Harrisonburg Disaster Impact Loan Program *new funding program
- Waynesboro Emergency Loan
- Staunton Creative Community Fund COVID-19 Relief Fund
Quick Business Surveys
- Staunton-Augusta-Waynesboro Business Survey
- Shenandoah County Chamber COVID-19 Local Business Impact Survey
- Virginia Department of Small Business & Supplier Diversity Survey
Small Business Administration
- SBA Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA OnLine Disaster Assistance Loan Portal
- SBA Loan Application Form
- Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Lexington, Rockbridge, Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce
- Lord Fairfax Small Business Development Center (serving Shenandoah County)
- Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center
- City of Buena Vista
- City of Harrisonburg
- City of Lexington
- City of Staunton
- City of Waynesboro
- County of Augusta
- County of Bath
- County of Highland
- County of Page
- County of Rockbridge
- County of Rockingham
- County of Shenandoah
- Office of the Governor
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Manufacturers Association
- Virginia Tourism Corporation
Marketing & Social Media Tips
- Facebook for Business
- Google’s Help Center
- Google’s Remote Work Hub
- Content Marketing Institute
The proverb about living in interesting times keeps resounding in my mind. I have the greatest respect for our investors, partners and community leaders who are leading businesses, organizations, and higher education institutions with a myriad of issues to manage on a daily basis.
Locally, you have incredible resources through your local Chamber of Commerce and Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center (SV-SBDC). The SV-SBDC will continue to provide counseling sessions, including phone counseling, which is a great opportunity to receive free, confidential business advice from advisors. Sign-up for a counseling session by clicking here. Additionally, the Lord Fairfax SBDC has resources servicing businesses in Shenandoah County. Click here for more information.
In our effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, we are postponing our Spring Economic Development Forum originally scheduled for Thursday, April 16, to a later date. The opportunities and assets among our higher education institutions is a topic of great interest to both the business and economic development community because of the impact on workforce and talent attraction. We look forward to revisiting this topic in the near future. We will share the new date once confirmed.
We will continue to update this web page with COVID-19 information that is important to your business. SVP staff is here as a resource and is happy to connect you to the appropriate point of contact at relevant agencies.
I have full confidence that the collaborative spirit among our region’s counties and cities, private-sector businesses, and educational institutions is the foundation to endure the current challenging times and build the positive economic future for the Shenandoah Valley.
Jay A. Langston, Ph.D.
(540) 568-3259 | Email
If you are a worker who has been totally/partially separated from your job due to Covid-19, go to http://www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed to file a claim for unemployment insurance. You can also call 1-866-832-2363 Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Ecommerce Basics – Click here to watch Youtube webinar recording at your convenience