VALLEY CAREER HUB
Valley Career Hub is a collaborative effort among the business, education, and economic development communities in the Shenandoah Valley to broaden awareness of high-demand, high-growth, high-wage careers in our region and promote local training opportunities for these careers.
Not sure where to start? The Shenandoah Valley Partnership partnered with WHSV-TV3 on a campaign to promote In-Demand Local Career Opportunities in the Valley. The careers featured are high-wage, high-growth, high-demand jobs that do not necessarily require a four-year degree, but do require further education after high school. Watch videos shown on WHSV-TV3.
Whatever you are passionate about, you can find a great career. Dream it. Do it. Virginia provides tools to help you check out the types of jobs that are right for your skills, your attitudes, your interests and your passions. Dream it. See what jobs and resources are out there to make it happen. Then do it!
The Shenandoah Valley is home to 12 institutions of higher learning, seven career and technical centers and numerous specialty training programs. Most high-growth, high-demand careers today require education or credentialing beyond high school, but not necessarily a four-year degree.
Find the perfect training provider for the career of your choice using the Shenandoah Valley Education and Training Database — a searchable data base of education and training programs in the Shenandoah Valley.
Discuss career options with a workforce professional, high school career coach or college/university career services representative. Visit any one of the following to find professionals who can walk you through your options:
- Talk to the Career Coach at the local high school you are attending
- Talk to the Career Services department of any college or university where you are taking a class or have taken a class
- Explore career services through Virginia Career Works
- Find a local office of the Virginia Employment Commission
- Download the Valley Career Hub Infographic
HIGH SCHOOL CAREER COACHES
The Commonwealth of Virginia is committed to providing quality education for all students. This commitment includes keeping parents and the public informed through the Virginia School Report Card which displays the progress of our K-12 public schools in raising student achievement and enhancing the learning environment. (Source: Virginia Department of Education)
Discuss career options with your high school career coach:
- Augusta County Public Schools
- Bath County Public Schools
- Buena Vista City Schools
- Harrisonburg City Public Schools
- Highland County Public Schools
- Lexington City Public Schools
- Page County Public Schools
- Rockbridge County Schools
- Rockingham County Public Schools
- Shenandoah County Public Schools
- Staunton City Public Schools
- Waynesboro Public Schools
Virginia Community College High School Career Coaches
Virginia Community Colleges High School Career Coaches are community college employees who are based in local high schools to help high school students define their career aspirations and to recognize community college and other postsecondary programs, including apprenticeships and workforce training, that can help students achieve their educational and financial goals.
The fundamental objectives of the VCCS High School Career Coaches Program are to empower students to make informed decisions about their career and educational plans and to prepare students for success in postsecondary education and training.
View a VCCS video of Career Coaches featuring Blue Ridge Community College and Stuarts Draft High School in Augusta County.
UNIVERSITY/COLLEGE CAREER SERVICES
To discuss career options contact the Career Services department of any college or university where you are taking a class or have taken a class.
- American National University Career Services
- Blue Ridge Community College Career Services
- Bridgewater College Career Services
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College Student Services
- Eastern Mennonite University Career Services
- Lord Fairfax Community College Career Services
- James Madison University Student Services
- Mary Baldwin College Career Services
- Washington & Lee University Career Development
- Virginia Military Institute Career Services
- Southern Virginia University Career Development