INVEST IN SVP TODAY
The Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP) is an energetic and forward-looking organization seeking to increase economic prosperity in the Shenandoah Valley. By providing a forum for cooperation and collaboration throughout the Valley’s counties and independent cities, private-sector businesses, and educational institutions, the Partnership:
- Encourages businesses to establish operations in the Shenandoah Valley through capital investments and job creation
- Serves as an advocate for existing business expansions
- Assists with regional workforce development efforts
WHO IS THE SHENANDOAH VALLEY PARTNERSHIP?
Shenandoah Valley Partnership Quick Facts
Staff Members Committed
The SVP engages with local companies and individuals who want to contribute to economic prosperity in the Shenandoah Valley. These businesses and individuals that invest in the SVP join a larger, collective effort that drives innovation and ingenuity and helps cultivate growth for the next chapter of our region. SVP investors remain updated regularly on the marketing results of the organization and have the opportunity to contribute to efforts to enhance local economic development initiatives in the region. SVP, through these investments, serves as a facilitator and connector for existing businesses while also growing the region’s reputation and exposure across the country.
These investments help fund the SVP’s business development and marketing activities, providing the ability to tell the story of doing business in the Shenandoah Valley with one voice through direct outreach to companies in target industries, site location, tax and real estate consultants; participation in state-led trade missions; and attendance at national and regional industry trade shows and conferences.
Please refer to the opportunities chart by clicking here.
To join the SVP and support our mission for regional economic development growth, investors are required to make an annual investment. This self-selected contribution amount is determined by the impact on overall economic development growth each investor wants to support for the region.
- First annual introductory investment is $500 for companies of all sizes.
- For the second year of investment, the rate automatically increases to $1,000 for companies who meet or exceed six employees.
- For companies with five or fewer employees, the second year investment remains at $500 per-year until you meet or exceed a total of six employees.
- The SVP invoices on an annual billing cycle beginning at the start of our fiscal year (July 1 – June 30). If you initially invest in the middle of a fiscal year, your first annual introductory investment will be a prorated amount to cover the remaining months in the current fiscal year. Your second-year investment will then automatically increase to $1,000 or remain at $500 depending on your number of employees.
- Many of our investors who are committed to economic prosperity and growth in the region voluntarily invest more than the minimum. Connect with SVP staff to discuss this opportunity.
- Partnership investments may be deductible for Federal income tax purposes as an ordinary and necessary business expense (not as a charitable contribution). However, investors should consult their own tax advisors for specific tax information and advice.
The Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP) is a nonprofit corporation, formed under Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code. Active membership in this corporation shall be open to any person, association, partnership, corporation, Limited Liability Company or other entity having an interest in the mission and purposes of the Partnership. Members shall comply with those requirements for admission to membership, including the payment of an investment, which may be established from time to time by the Partnership’s Board of Directors. Partnership investments are non-refundable.[/svp_padding]