Carrie H. Chenery
(540) 568-3259 | email Carrie
Carrie Chenery is the Executive Director of the Shenandoah Valley Partnership. A native of Rockbridge County, Carrie’s ties to the Shenandoah Valley, combined with her work experience, allow her to understand the economic development needs of the region and lead the SVP in its work to market and grow in a sustainable fashion to industries that best align with the Valley’s strengths, assets and heritage. Carrie formerly worked in the Virginia Office of the Governor where she served as the Assistant Secretary of Agriculture & Forestry and was responsible for the oversight and advancement of economic development efforts, including providing administration of the Governor’s Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development (AFID) fund, related to Virginia’s largest private industries of agriculture and forestry. Prior to her role in the Governor's Office she gained valuable, wide-ranging economic development, marketing, government relations and communication experience as the Manager of Legislation & Policy at the Virginia Economic Development Partnership and as a Director of Government Affairs with the law firm Williams Mullen. Carrie is a graduate of Virginia Tech where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Policy & Planning and Agricultural & Applied Economics. She is also a graduate of the Political Leaders Program through the Sorensen Institute for Political Leadership at the University of Virginia. She serves as a gubernatorial appointee to the Virginia Economic Development Partnership Authority Board. In addition, locally, she serves on the Shenandoah Valley Workforce Development Board and the Massanutten Technical Center Foundation Board. In 2017, Carrie was named one of North America’s Top 50 Economic Developers by Consultant Connect and also named one of the Top 10 under 40 emerging business leaders in our region by the Shenandoah Valley Business Journal.
Director of Business Development
(540) 568-3166 | email Courtland
Courtland Robinson previously served as the Assistant Director of Economic Development in the City of Staunton. Courtland moved to the Shenandoah Valley from Richmond, Virginia in 2011. He studied Urban and Regional Studies at Virginia Commonwealth University and obtained a Masters of Public Administration from James Madison University. Courtland served with organizations such as the Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (SHD), Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance (HDR), the Shenandoah Valley Partnership (SVP), James Madison University (JMU) and the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission (CSPDC). In these positions he provided research, marketing assistance, policy analysis and grant writing. Courtland has a unique perspective on the opportunities and challenges facing SVP as we restructure and focus on business development, lead generation, market research and project management. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Staunton Creative Community Fund (SCCF) and HDR.
(540) 568-3106 | email Cari
Cari Orebaugh, the Communications Manager, is responsible for developing and managing content across all SVP communication platforms, strategically sharing the work of our staff, Board and committees. Cari returned to SVP in April 2018, after previously serving as Executive Assistant. Cari’s community organization experience as the Marketing & Communications Director at the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce and private sector experience as the Communications Specialist at MillerCoors serves SVP well, in addition to her deep understanding of and passion for our work and partners. Born and raised in Rockingham County, Cari is a graduate of James Madison University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science. Cari was recognized as a "Top 10 Under 40" Business Leader by the Shenandoah Valley Business Journal in 2015, and was a recipient of the Dennis Burnett Community Excellence Award in 2016. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Broadway Hometown Partnership and Plains Area Daycare Center, both non-profits benefiting the northern-Rockingham County community.
(540) 568-3100 | email Jen
Jen Weaver is the Administrative Coordinator for the Shenandoah Valley Partnership. Jen is a native of Augusta County and graduated from Bridgewater College with degrees in Business Administration and Economics. She brings to SVP over 25 years of office experience, primarily with small construction and telecommunications companies. Having lived and worked in Baltimore for nine years, it was Jen's love of the Shenandoah Valley that eventually brought her back to this area. Jen supports critical functions for both SVP and GO Virginia, and her strong administrative and accounting background are instrumental in our shared success.
GET IN TOUCH
CONNECT WITH US
Shenandoah Valley Partnership
Phone: (540) 568-3100
220 University Blvd
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
P.O. Box 2241
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Shenandoah Valley Partnership Board of Directors guides the organization in fulfilling its mission to facilitate regional and local economic development efforts through and in support of member jurisdictions, private partners and strategic alliances.
- Ms. Carolyn Bragg Board of Supervisors, County of Augusta
- Mr. Noah Simon City Manager, City of Lexington
- Mr. Greg Hitchin Economic Development Director, City of Waynesboro
- Mr. Robin Sullenberger Board of Supervisors, County of Highland
- Mr. Casey Armstrong Assistant County Administrator, County of Rockingham
- Mr. Brian Shull Economic Development Director, City of Harrisonburg
- Ms. Jenna French Director of Tourism & Economic Development, County of Shenandoah
- Mr. Sam Crickenberger Director of Community Development, Rockbridge County
- Mr. Eddy Hicklin Board of Supervisors, County of Bath
- Ms. Rachel Moore Economic Development Director, City of Buena Vista
- Mr. Mark Stroupe Board of Supervisors, County of Page
- Mr. Billy Vaughn Director of Community & Economic Development, City of Staunton
- Mr. Greg Campbell Executive Director, Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport
- Mr. Tony Biller President & CEO, Nielsen Builders, Inc.
- Mr. Scot Lilly Agribusiness/Farm Credit Express Specialist, Farm Credit of the Virginias
- Mr. Emmett Toms Manager, External Affairs, Dominion Virginia Power
- Mr. Keith May Owner, Cottonwood Commercial Realty
- Mr. Greg Godsey Commercial Market Executive, Union Bank & Trust
- Dr. John Downey President, Blue Ridge Community College
- Mr. Chip Harvill Vice President, Cadence
- Mr. Chris Kyle Vice President of Industry Relations & Regulatory, Shentel
- Dr. Melissa Lubin Dean of Outreach & Engagement, James Madison University
- Mr. Charles Hendricks Principal, The Gaines Group
- Mr. Devon Anders President, InterChange Group, Inc.
- Ms. Bonnie Riedesel Executive Director, Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission
- Mr. Brandon Davis Executive Director, Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission
FY18-19 Executive Committee
- Mr. Keith May, Chair Owner, Cottonwood Commercial Realty
- Mr. Chris Kyle, Vice-Chair & Development Committee Chair Vice President of Industry Relations & Regulatory, Shentel
- Mr. Brian Shull, Treasurer/Secretary Economic Development Director, City of Harrisonburg
- Mr. Greg Hitchin, Marketing Committee Chair Economic Development Director, City of Waynesboro
- Dr. Melissa Lubin, Workforce & Education Committee Chair Dean of Outreach & Engagement, James Madison University
- Dr. John Downey, Past-Chair President, Blue Ridge Community College