Jay A. Langston, Ph.D., has over 30 years of extensive experience in economic and business development, strengthening community engagement, and developing entrepreneurial initiatives. Jay joined SVP in December 2018 where he is leading efforts to expand and relocate business to the Shenandoah Valley region. Most recently serving as the Managing Director of Business Retention and Expansion at the Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP), Jay also served as Senior Business Manager/Senior Advisor in Competitive Initiatives and Senior Research Manager. Prior to working at VEDP, Jay was the Executive Director of Virginia’s Gateway Region, a regional economic development organization, and Senior Business Development Representative for Chesterfield County Department of Economic Development. Jay received a Bachelor of Science in Industrial Management from Georgia Institute of Technology and Masters in Public Administration and Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration from Virginia Commonwealth University. He also received accreditation from the Virginia Executive Institute and National Center for Economic Gardening and received the 2010 Virginia Economic Developers Association’s Cardinal Award, the highest award for economic development leadership, career accomplishment and service.
Travis Carter joined the SVP in July 2019 as the Business Development Manager. In this role, Travis is responsible for managing projects and developing and implementing a lead generation strategy to successfully meet SVP’s performance goals. Travis has a strong background in food manufacturing, transportation, logistics and supply chain management. He previously worked with Perdue Farms and Tyson Foods and most recently served as the Grow Out Manager for Cargill. In addition, Travis serves as the Assistant Manager for the Shenandoah Valley Railroad, a 20 mile short-line railroad connecting and serving our region. Originally from Richmond, Travis has lived in the Shenandoah Valley since 2011. Travis earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Animal and Poultry Science from Virginia Tech and has continued to advance his training in effective management and leadership practices.
Cari Orebaugh, the Marketing and Communications Manager, is responsible for developing and managing content across all SVP communication platforms, strategically sharing the work of our staff, Board and committees. Cari’s community organization experience as the Marketing & Communications Director at the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce and private sector experience as the Communications Specialist at MillerCoors serves SVP well, in addition to her deep understanding of and passion for our work and partners. Born and raised in Rockingham County, Cari is a graduate of James Madison University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science. Cari was recognized as a "Top 10 Under 40" Business Leader by the Shenandoah Valley Business Journal in 2015, and was a recipient of the Dennis Burnett Community Excellence Award in 2016. She currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Broadway Hometown Partnership and the Rockingham County Fair Association and is a member of the Rotary Club of Rockingham County.
Jen Weaver is the Administrative Coordinator for the Shenandoah Valley Partnership. Jen is a native of Augusta County and graduated from Bridgewater College with degrees in Business Administration and Economics. She brings to SVP over 25 years of office experience, primarily with small construction and telecommunications companies. Having lived and worked in Baltimore for nine years, it was Jen's love of the Shenandoah Valley that eventually brought her back to this area. Jen supports critical functions for both SVP and GO Virginia, and her strong administrative and accounting background are instrumental in our shared success.
Sally Lyle is the Marketing Intern for the Shenandoah Valley Partnership. She assists in designing and updating marketing materials and general office duties. Sally grew up in Martinsville, Virginia and is currently a full-time student at James Madison University. She is studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Creative Advertising and a minor in Creative Writing. With graduation right around the corner, she hopes to use her creative skills to jump into the fast-paced, post-college workforce. When she isn’t studying in the library or assisting SVP, Sally can be found working at a local outdoors store in downtown Harrisonburg. This family-owned company allows her to share her love for hiking, camping, and all the great outdoor adventures the Shenandoah Valley has to offer.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Shenandoah Valley Partnership Board of Directors guides the organization in fulfilling its mission to facilitate regional and local economic development efforts through and in support of member jurisdictions, private partners and strategic alliances.
- Ms. Pam Carter Board of Supervisors, County of Augusta
- Mr. James M. Halasz City Manager, City of Lexington
- Mr. Greg Hitchin Economic Development Director, City of Waynesboro
- Mr. Robin Sullenberger Board of Supervisors, County of Highland
- Mr. Casey Armstrong Assistant County Administrator, County of Rockingham
- Mr. Peirce Macgill Assistant Director of Economic Development, City of Harrisonburg
- Ms. Jenna French Director of Tourism & Economic Development, County of Shenandoah
- Mr. Sam Crickenberger Director of Community Development, Rockbridge County
- Mr. Roy Burns Board of Supervisors, County of Bath
- Mr. Jay Scudder City Manager, City of Buena Vista
- Mr. Mark Stroupe Board of Supervisors, County of Page
- Mr. Billy Vaughn Director of Community & Economic Development, City of Staunton
- Mr. Greg Campbell Executive Director, Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport
- Mr. Tony Biller President & CEO, Nielsen Builders, Inc.
- Mr. Scot Lilly Agribusiness/Farm Credit Express Specialist, Farm Credit of the Virginias
- Mr. Bryan Smith Economic Development Manager, Dominion Energy
- Mr. Keith May Owner, Cottonwood Commercial Realty
- Mr. Greg Godsey Commercial Market Executive, Atlantic Union Bank
- Dr. John Downey President, Blue Ridge Community College
- Ms. Beth Alltop Marketing & Communications Specialist, Cadence
- Mr. Chris Kyle Vice President of Industry Relations & Regulatory, Shentel
- Dr. Melissa Lubin Dean of Professional & Continuing Education, James Madison University
- Mr. Charles Hendricks Principal, The Gaines Group
- Mr. Chris Thompson VP of Business Development, InterChange Group, Inc.
- Ms. Bonnie Riedesel Executive Director, Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission
- Mr. Brandon Davis Executive Director, Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission
- Mr. Keith May, Chair Owner, Cottonwood Commercial Realty
- Mr. Chris Kyle, Vice-Chair & Development Committee Chair Vice President of Industry Relations & Regulatory, Shentel
- Mr. Greg Godsey, Secretary/Treasurer Commercial Market Executive, Atlantic Union Bank
- Mr. Peirce Macgill, Lead Generation Committee Chair Assistant Director of Economic Development, City of Harrisonburg
- Dr. Melissa Lubin, Workforce & Education Committee Chair Dean of Professional & Continuing Education, James Madison University
- Dr. John Downey, Past-Chair President, Blue Ridge Community College