*last updated 11/24/2020
Check back for updated COVID-19 resources. SVP staff is here to help and is happy to connect you to the appropriate point of contact at relevant agencies. We are confident the collaborative spirit among our counties and cities, businesses, educational institutions, and community partners is the foundation to endure the current challenging times and build the positive economic future for the Shenandoah Valley. Stay well – Team SVP
Apply now! The Shenandoah Valley is fortunate to have companies in essential industries growing and hiring employees right now.
Learn how our private-sector investors, higher-education partners and community leaders are collaborating to develop and offer community resources. These efforts are great examples of the many reasons we’re proud to call this region home.
Connect with local, state and national resources available for large and small businesses, as well as nonprofits.
Navigate through the locality-specific and business use-specific emergency loan programs provided to Shenandoah Valley businesses.
Participate in a quick survey specific to your business location to help local leaders determine appropriate assistance.
Learn tips and tricks for navigating your increased online presence.
- Virginia Career Works – Shenandoah Valley
- The Shenandoah Valley Regional Workforce Development Board creates and sustains powerful connections between businesses and job seekers through Virginia Career Works, a statewide network of employment professionals.
- Unemployment Insurance
- If you are a worker who has been totally/partially separated from your job due to COVID-19, go to http://www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed to file a claim for unemployment insurance. You can also call 1-866-832-2363 Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The following Shenandoah Valley companies are hiring:
- Admiral Security Services (Shenandoah Valley)
- Andros Foods (Shenandoah County)
- Artisan Packaging (Harrisonburg)
- Augusta Health – (Augusta County)
- Berry Global (Waynesboro)
- Cadence (Staunton)
- Cargill (Timberville, Dayton, Harrisonburg, Mt. Crawford)
- Dynamic Aviation (Rockingham County)
- Home Instead Senior Care (Harrisonburg, Staunton, Lexington)
- InterChange Group, Inc. (Rockingham County)
- Kerry (Harrisonburg)
- LSC Communications (North & South Harrisonburg facilities)
- Lantz Construction (Rockingham County)
- Massanutten Resort (Rockingham County)
- McKee Foods (Augusta County)
- Merck (Rockingham County)
- Modine (Buena Vista)
- Mohawk (Rockbridge County)
- Molson Coors (Rockingham County)
- Munters (Buena Vista)
- Riddleberger Brothers, Inc. (Rockingham County)
- Sentara RMH Medial Center (Rockingham County)
- Speyside Bourbon Stave Mill (Millboro, Bath County)
- Sunnyside Retirement Community (Rockingham County)
- Target Distribution Center (Augusta County)
- Trumbo Electric (Rockingham County)
- VMRC (Harrisonburg)
- COVID-19 Recovery Dashboard – Launched by the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission, the dashboard tracks the impacts of COVID-19 and regional recovery efforts across the Central Shenandoah Valley.
- Rebuild VA – The Rebuild VA Grant Fund is a program to help small businesses and non-profits whose normal operations were disrupted by COVID-19, including restaurants, brick and mortar retail, exercise and fitness facilities, personal care and personal grooming services, entertainment and public amusement establishments, and campgrounds.
- Virginia OSHA COVID-19 Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan for Medium and Lower Exposure Workplaces Template – Prepared by the Blue Ridge Safety Association and Travis Vance, Fisher Phillips.
- “Blueprint for Getting Virginians Back to Work” Launched by the Virginia Chamber of Commerce– An initiative to provide recommendations on operating in the current economic climate and how to return stronger than before. Click here for more information.
- Shenandoah Valley Region: Work Hard, Work Smart, Work Safe – A guidebook that provides specific measures for business categories to aid in a safe, thoughtful reopening. The specific recommendations in each category support the overall goal of opening businesses in a way that protects employees and customers from exposure to COVID-19 and helps prevent the virus’s spread. Click here for a readable version.
- Now Available: GENEDGE’s Virginia Supply Chain Connector – an online portal for Virginia manufacturers and suppliers to find each other, connect, make PPE and more. Together, they’re building a stronger supply chain. Learn more at supplychain.genedge.org.
- Re-opening Small Business: What Customers Want (Harrisonburg-Rockingham) – From April 23 to May 3, 2020, the Harrisonburg-Rockingham COVID-19 Business Assistance Taskforce distributed a “Customer Feedback Survey on Businesses Reopening” in advance of restrictions on small businesses and mass gatherings lifting in a phased approach in Virginia.
- Virginia SBDC Recovery Resources for Small Business – As businesses begin to look at reopening and/or planning to transition to the ‘new normal,’ there are a number of factors to consider and decisions to be made. The Virginia SBDC recommends using the process found by clicking here no matter what stage you are in to determine your next steps. This checklist is meant to help guide you through those important questions as you look to find success in the post-crisis world.
- Sysco Foodie Pop-Up/Stock-Up Event – An event in which orders are placed ahead of time, and at a designate time, you drive by to have your items brought curb-side. SVP Investor Sysco is offering to hold a similar event at your location or a place of convenience so that your employees may access restaurant-grade food. This opportunity provides ordering from a selection customized to your audience while providing a choice broader than likely found on store shelves.
- Working From Home 101 – Everything You Need to Know
- Centers for Disease Control – Resources on how to protect yourself and employees.
- Guidance on Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- Richmond Fed COVID-19 Analysis – The Richmond Fed is monitoring the spread and impact of COVID-19 and are continuously seeking ways to offer their support.
- SHRM COVID-19 Resources – News, updates and tools to safeguard your organization.
- City of Buena Vista
- City of Harrisonburg
- City of Lexington
- City of Staunton
- City of Waynesboro
- County of Augusta
- County of Bath
- County of Highland
- County of Page
- County of Rockbridge
- County of Rockingham
- County of Shenandoah
- Bath County Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Augusta Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Chamber of Commerce
- Highland County Chamber of Commerce
- Lexington, Rockbridge, Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce
- Lord Fairfax Small Business Development Center (serving Shenandoah County)
- Luray-Page Chamber of Commerce
- Shenandoah Chamber of Commerce
- Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport (flights operating to Washington-Dulles & Chicago O’Hare)
- Shenandoah Valley Small Business Development Center
State & National Resources & Programs
- Office of the Governor
- Congressman Ben Cline Coronavirus Updates
- Senator Mark Warner Coronavirus Updates
- Main Small Business Administration (SBA) page for a review of all programs >> www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Virginia Department of Health
- Virginia Employment Commission
- Virginia Wifi Hotspot Map
- Virginia Manufacturers Association
- Virginia Tourism Corporation
Loan & Grant Programs
- CFRBA COVID-19 Fund (Community Foundation for Rockbridge, Bath, and Alleghany is providing funding resources to community-based organizations that are supporting local workers and families most affected by the coronavirus crisis.)
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Small Business Resilience Grant Program (Harrisonburg & Rockingham businesses)
- Historic Sites Emergency Grant
- Funds are provided by the Shenandoah Valley Battlefields Foundation to historic sites or organizations who run historic sites (including, but not limited to, museums, historic societies, historic homes, and battlefield groups) in the greater Shenandoah Valley region.
- Just Transition Fund Rapid Response Grant Fund
- COVID-19 HR Community Response Fund Grant Opportunity – Harrisonburg and Rockingham County 501(c)3 nonprofit community-based organizations, with experience and history of providing individuals and families with services and support, are eligible for funding.
- Virginia 30 Day Fund – Virginia businesses eligible for funding:
- Small businesses that employ three to 30 people;
- Based in Virginia and have been operating for at least one year;
- Owned and operated by a Virginia resident.
Digital & Promotional Resources
- Connect. Shop. Buy. – Marketing resource for Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.
- Google’s Remote Work Hub
- GoToMeeting – Remote App for Meetings
- Shop Local Shenandoah Valley – Marketing resource for Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.
- Skype – Remote App for Meetings
- Video Conference Tips – Watch this quick tutorial provided by SVP investor Appeal Production.
- Zoom – Remote App for Meetings
- #TheValleyStrong – Marketing resource for Shenandoah Valley businesses. Business owners can join the business directory for free.